The campaign is over and on Jan. 1 you will be a county official. Now what? The Texas Association of Counties (TAC) is here to help you.
“Preparing to Take Office” is a one-day workshop for all newly elected county officials that educates you on basic issues and gives you the information necessary to avoid making mistakes that result in embarrassment, or worse, legal problems. There are many unfamiliar statutes and rules you must understand before officially taking office. A faculty of Association staff and specialists will explain the basics of important subjects such as nepotism, discrimination, purchasing, open meetings, open records, budgeting and general employment law.
If you need to cancel your registration, please email Amy Lawson or Megan West.
For more information, view our conference page.
- Click "Forgot username?"
- Enter your email address and click "Submit."
- Check your inbox for a TAC email with your username and logon instructions.
If you receive a message that your email address cannot be found:
- Click "Create a new account."
- Enter required fields *.
- Click "Save."
- Log in with your username (email address) and password.
- For more information, please contact Megan West at (800) 456-5974.